Friday, October 19, 2007

Note of Thanks

An acquaintance of mine tapped me on the shoulder yesterday and told me to check out a website ( http://www.diatagon.com). He said the site administrator there had written something about this blog there.

In my occasional forays into the maze of the Web, I did come across links to that website but never had the opportunity to go there. An oversight that I now deeply regret.

I did finally browse the site last night and read Jun Abines's comments about A Lianga Diary and I am deeply grateful for all the kinds words he had for this blog. It warms my heart to know that there are people out there in the world who like me, share a passion for all things about Lianga and this small corner of the world and who are using the power of the internet to write about it and communicate such passion to others.

Diatagon is the name of Lianga's biggest and most populous barangay or component village. That someone has put up a website in its name is noteworthy since there are a precious few such sites dedicated to making sure that people from this part of Mindanao or have sentimental links to it can keep in touch with what is happening there no matter where they are in the world. In more ways than one, it is a labor of love and a praiseworthy one at that.

I wish the website and the people behind it well and I am proud to be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment