Wednesday, June 6, 2007

For Maricor

It is always a great surprise to get comments or e-mail from friends and classmates I have lost contact with over the years, especially from those who were part of the university gang I used to hang around with decades ago. They sure bring back a lot of memories, memories of a time of great innocence and an excess of youthful idealism, of good friends and comrades when the world seemed in great ferment and all we wanted to do was jump in, join up and take an active part in the excitement of those times.

Yes I do remember you and I do remember the others. It has been almost two decades already yet the memories and impressions are still fresh in my mind. They are that because I remember those times with great fondness and nostalgia, for they were fun, happy and productive years. We were the cream of the crop, the best of the best then and even now many of those who were on the university faculty and school administration then and who I have talked to over the years still shudder and smile wryly when remembering all the controversy and trouble we caused back then.

I have lost contact with most of the old gang. I reside now in Lianga and seldom have the opportunity to visit the USJ-R campus or our old haunts in Cebu City. But I have heard from a couple of our friends and classmates and most of them are doing quite well with their lives.

I look forward to the day when we all can get together and just reminisce about old times. Thanks for the heads up and the best wishes. I wish you and your husband the best of luck.

Do drop me a line from time to time. My e-mail address is on my profile page.

No comments:

Post a Comment